Friday, August 1, 2014

Dreamt it, did it! (A "deer" little project.)

It's pretty satisfying: I am getting to the point with crochet where I can imagine something and then work it up.  It rarely works out the first time, but when I finally get it right, all the ripped out stitches don't matter!

Here is a gift from my nephew Mason's shower, earlier this summer.  (I should add that his dad is an avid hunter.)

A deer antler ear flap hat!!!

I made this in sportweight acrylic yarn.  I was going to stuff the antlers, but the crochet was tight enough that they just stood up on their own.



No pattern for this one (yet).  But if I have occasion to make another, I will definitely write down the steps this time. ;)

He loves it!

2 comments:

  1. Aw, what a cutie! Being able to "wing it" is just so much fun! (Sometimes a little frustrating, but overall fun!) Did you stuff the antlers?

    I'd love to have you link up to my first ever Yarn Fanatic Party!

    http://philwife.blogspot.com/2014/08/yarn-fanatic-link-party-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachel,
    I had plans to stuff the antlers, but they ended up being stiff enough that they didn't need any stuffing. (Thankfully! That made it easier to sew together!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...