Sunday, March 27, 2011

Bootie-licious



You've gotta love a craft project you can finish during the length of a movie! Last night, I let hubby pick the film (Master and Commander) and then focused most of my attention on mastering and commanding the baby bootie pattern I found on Lionbrand.com. I made two small changes to the pattern: I took one row out of of the instructions for the sole and I used a J hook instead of a K hook because I liked the way it looked. :)

I have to admit, it took me three tries to get two booties that looked reasonably symmetrical, but now I think I've got the pattern down and will crank out a few sets of these to have on hand to replace the bow on baby shower gifts. I used Bernat Satin yarn in Lemon Grass to make these tootsie toasters. It takes about 1/4 to 1/3 of a ball of yarn to make them, so it's a great way to use up leftover bits.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...