Monday, June 25, 2012

Up Past My Bedtime...

Is there such thing as a sewer's high?  'Cause I think I might be on one.

This is not what I should be doing on the night before the last week of school...
...or maybe it is...
...This weekend has been a preview of the vacation that is to come!

Tada!  Cut up fabric.

Tonight, around 9:00 p.m., I:
  1. Opened a dress pattern I purchased last month.
  2. Tried to read over the instructions inside.
  3. Decided the pattern was too complicated and folded it back up.
  4. Spent an hour googling on the internet for an easier pattern.
  5. Came to the conclusion that while there may be easier patterns, there wasn't one with the same fabric requirements as the one I purchased.
  6. Decided to give it a whirl anyways, and started pinning and cutting out pattern pieces.
  7. Cut out and labelled every part of the dress that I'm making in the main colour.
  8. Folded it all neatly and put it in a Ziploc bag for tomorrow...or whatever day I decide I'm brave enough to sew.


The pattern I'm using is the Diane Kimono Dress.  So far, so good.  I figure I'm either going to end up with:
a) a great dress for traveling or;
b) super cute pyjamas.

Three hours later, I'm packing it in for the night.  If this really was summer vacation, I'd probably just stay up until I had at least most of the dress sewn together.  Ah, well.  I'll save the all-nighters for next week.

2 comments:

  1. Keep going! btw, I want to crochet an afghan for my daughter...do you have an easy pattern? I will bring my hook to TO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baha, I so hear you! This is the only time of day I can get anything done, so I'm constantly up with my own projects until close to midnight. Even though the monkeys sometimes start stirring as early as 3:30. Meh... makes for some balance in life ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...