Is there such thing as a sewer's high? 'Cause I think I might be on one.
This is not what I should be doing on the night before the last week of school...
...or maybe it is...
...This weekend has been a preview of the vacation that is to come!
|Tada! Cut up fabric.|
Tonight, around 9:00 p.m., I:
- Opened a dress pattern I purchased last month.
- Tried to read over the instructions inside.
- Decided the pattern was too complicated and folded it back up.
- Spent an hour googling on the internet for an easier pattern.
- Came to the conclusion that while there may be easier patterns, there wasn't one with the same fabric requirements as the one I purchased.
- Decided to give it a whirl anyways, and started pinning and cutting out pattern pieces.
- Cut out and labelled every part of the dress that I'm making in the main colour.
- Folded it all neatly and put it in a Ziploc bag for tomorrow...or whatever day I decide I'm brave enough to sew.
The pattern I'm using is the Diane Kimono Dress. So far, so good. I figure I'm either going to end up with:
a) a great dress for traveling or;
b) super cute pyjamas.
Three hours later, I'm packing it in for the night. If this really was summer vacation, I'd probably just stay up until I had at least most of the dress sewn together. Ah, well. I'll save the all-nighters for next week.