Monday, July 16, 2012

Busted: First Attempts At Jewelry

I've decided I'd like to start making jewelry this summer.  One of my first attempts involved diving into a big bag of buttons I've had in my desk drawer all year.  The goal was to make a necklace.  Black and white seemed like a good place to start, since it goes with everything.  I found a Youtube tutorial that made it look so simple, and I started by laying out the buttons how I wanted them.



Things started off okay.  I used 24-gauge wire and pliers, just as the crafter in the video recommended.  But about 1/3 of the way through, it broke!



I wasn't in the mood to start over, so i turned into a pendant.  Now I just have to figure out what I want to string it on to.



Not a 100% successful first attempt, but a good start!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...