I just submitted a photo of my finished Stitch Cation afghan to the Crochet Crowd. Here's what the final product looks like:
The colours are crrrazy, but it matches our IKEA couch.
The rules for the stitch-cation were:
-at least 8 colours
-at least 2 of each specified block (minimum of 20 blocks)
-a border of my choice with at least 4 rounds
Notes on the Border:
My border is made up of the following:
1. 1 round of sc in navy blue
2. 2 rounds of sc in back loop only in navy blue
3. 1 round of *cluster (3hdcs), skip one sc space, repeat from * in turquoise
4. 1 round of sc in skipped space and ch1 over cluster stitch in navy blue
5. reverse direction, and complete final round in 1dc in each sc and sl in each ch 1 space
I learned a few new stitches and combined some colours that I probably would not have put together otherwise! My favourite square is the brown, light blue and dark blue one. Which one is your favourite?