Friday, August 1, 2014

No such thing as too much ruffles?!?

All the way back in May, I posted a Facebook link to Baby's First Gown from The Crochet Crowd and offered to make it for the first responder.  My darling Kimiko was quickest on the draw and chose the colours and sizes for her darling, Willow Mei.

It took me until summer holidays to get started on this project, but once I did, it was hard to put down!  The pattern calls for RedHeart mini sashay, but we took it to the next level with RedHeart regular Sashay yarn (bigger ruffles and more colour options).

First, you crochet a full dress from the top down.  Then, you add on the ruffles, working from the bottom up in a corkscrew pattern.


Watching this project come together was like watching some kind of science experiment grow...


...and grow...until it overflowed the project bowl!


Here is the finished project.  I didn't track time, but I'm guessing it took me between 12 and 15 hours to put this sweet little dress together.


The best part?  It's soft.  And squishy.  Willow Mei is going to be extra huggable in this thing!

Finishing detail: a sparkly black button on the back!
I will need a bit of a rest from this pattern, before I try making it again, but I am willing to do custom orders on this one.  It requires $25.00-$30.00 of yarn.  Based on the time and technique it took to put this one together, this one comes with a $70.00 price tag.  (And sorry: it's for kids only! It's available in sizes 6 months to 2 years.)

Stay tuned....
...for a freebie pattern to make a matching flower headband!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...