Saturday, March 31, 2012

11 Questions From Hanni

Hanni tagged me!  This seemed like the perfect Saturday morning, sit-back-and-sip-your-coffee type activity...and it was!  One mug Two mugs of Starbucks Tribute blend later, I've got 11 random things, a photo and 11 answers to share with you.



The rules:
1. Post these rules.

2. Post a photo of yourself and 11 random things.
3. Answer the questions set for you in the original post.
4. Create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them.
5. Go to their blog/twitter and tell them you've tagged them.


11 Random Things:
1.  I have two cats, Dante and Virgil.  We named them after the protagonist and his guide in The Inferno...and then found out they were both girls.
2.  I have the best job in the world: I teach Grade One!
3.  I can watch episodes of The Office and Big Love over and over and over again and never get bored.
4. My toenails are painted magenta right now...and in need of some new polish.
5. There are probably 1000s of books in our house.  My husband and I are both a bit obsessed.
6. I love thrift store shopping.  And craft sale shopping.  In fact, I'm off to do a little of both this afternoon!
7. I like to crochet (not so random?).  I've been working on my hooking skills for about 4 years now.
8. My new favourite coffee is Balzac's.  I love a good espresso-based drink.
9. My new favourite draft is Mill Street Cobblestone Stout.  (Mostly because it tastes like coffee.)
10.  I hold my own "glee club of one" at my piano at least once a week.  Singing out loud is good for the soul.
11. I love chickpeas.  Probably more than any human should. :)

11 Questions From Hanni



1. What do you love the most in blogging?
There are two things I love most about blogging.  One is that I like tracking my progress and seeing my finished objects all compiled together.  The other is that I like connecting in with like-minded people who also get excited about sharing their progress and projects.  I continue to be amazed at the size and diversity of the crafty community I'm finding online.


2. Do you have other hobbies than crafting?
I say I love to read, but I haven't done too much of that lately.  I go through phases of crafting and phases of reading book after book.  Whatever I do for fun, I have a tendency to get a bit obsessed with it.


3. What was the last book you have read?
I can't remember the last book I actually read cover-to-cover, but Dan and I are working on   Starbucked.  (We keep it in the car.  I read aloud when he drives.  We're dorky like that.) It's actually quite novel to read something other than fiction or something work-related.  I'm enjoying the story of the origin and creation of the Starbucks brand and coffeehouse culture in North America.  Fascinating stuff!


4. Would you like something to learn or study now?
I am interested in learning about making jewelry.  But I worry about what adding another crafty hobby to the mix would do to my already-bursting craft supply corner.


5. Are you a planner or a daydreamer type?
I'm definitely a daydreamer.  I'm the ideas person.  I need others to help me with the follow through.


6. Do you prefer smaller blogs or big "professional" blogs (sites)? Which ones are your favourites?
I prefer smaller blogs.  Call me vain (come on, I dare you), but I the blogs I most enjoy look a lot like mine.   I like ad-free blogs that are just there for fun and the crochet blogs are, of course, my favourite.  Check out:




7. What is your favourite social site? 
Pinterest is brilliant.  It's my new favourite and it has eaten up hours of my life.  :)  I do love Facebook, too.  I'm on Twitter, with two different accounts, but I don't really use it often!

8. What is the first thing you look on a b l o g ? What is more important: the men behind the scenes or the content?
The blog name.  I do love a clever blog name!  That's what makes me remember it.  The content is the second most important part.  It has to be interesting and updated relatively often or...I forget to come back and check it out. :)

9. Do you plan any trip or holiday lately? Where do you want to travel?
We are going to South Africa this summer for a wedding.  We're also hoping to spend a week in Amsterdam or Paris.  I've never left the continent, so checking Europe and Africa off my list in one summer is kind of a big deal! :)

10. What is your favourite citation or phrase?
I don't know that I have one favourite phrase, but here's a good one from spoken word artist Shane Koyczan that I do enjoy:
"Don't let your luggage define your travels / 
Each life unravels 
differently."



11. This question is just for me :) Do you know something about my country Hungary?
Umm.....Paprika? Paprika is from Hungary, right? :)  


My 11 Questions:
1.  Why do you blog?
2.  What have you made in the past year of which you are most proud?
3.  Where do your best ideas come from?
4.  What's your favourite background noise while crafting?
5.  Why do you craft?
6.  What's your favourite hangout spot?
7.  If you could pack up and go anywhere right now, where would you travel?
8.  What book is next on your list of things to read?
9.  Coffee, tea, or cola?
10. Five years from now, do you think you'll still be blogging?
11. Which blogs do you read most regularly?


I'm tagging:
1.  Simply Crochet
2.  Sewrite
3.  Days of Chalk and Chocolate
4.  Hating Martha
5.  Visions of Sugar Plums

3 comments:

  1. You are so sweet. I am glad you joined to the party :)
    We have a lot common things: I also love craft sales and love my nails in pink/red/magenta and I also prefer smaller blogs.
    So good for you... travel to Africa and Europe... :))
    Yess, paprika is a really Hungarian thing. We use it all the time for every kind of food (we even have a traditional salted pancake with paprika).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cannot believe you've only been crocheting for 4 years!! That gives me hope that I'll be as awesome as you one day. Well, once I start to learn, and practice for 4 years, that is :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I can just picture your glee club of one :) And, I had the same thought as Linds about you only crocheting for 4 years. Thanks for the tag!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...