Monday, August 8, 2011

Slouchy Market Bag

This kept me busy during my unable-to-sleep-alone-in-the-hotel-room nights last week. The pattern is for Linda Permann's "Flea Market Bag." I made it in worsted cotton (some that I picked up super cheap at last year's tent sale). The cotton made it nice and sturdy. I'll have to try it out on my next fruit-and-veggies shopping trip!




Yarn: (? something similar to Bernat Handicrafter Cotton) - approx. 1/2 of the 1lb. bag of mill-ends
Estimated cost of materials: $2.50-$3.00
Estimated time invested: 10 hours?

Oh, and I made a camera pouch, too. The yarn is from a 1970s ball of RedHeart Luster Sheen that I bought at the thrift store for $1.00 and the lining comes from a 50-cent fabric scrap I found at the same place. I haven't finished it (needs something cute appliqued on the front) but I'm taking it on vacation anyway! :)


3 comments:

  1. love love love that red bag! i bought a knitting book a little while ago for several reasons, one of them being a knitted jute bag for produce. haven't tried it yet as i first need to acquire some giant needles. yours is much prettier though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WANT! I want one of your market bags! What are the chances you're going to start selling your wares?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynne - How big do you need your needles to be? I could probably find you some at the thrift store down the street....

    Jackie - Dreaming of possibly setting up an etsy account or a table at a craft fair within the next....year? ;-P

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...