Saturday, August 27, 2011

A bit ruffled, but busy as a bee.

An early morning and several hours in the car (driving stateside for some back-to-school bargains) left me with a lot of time to craft today.

Before hubby got out of bed, I had the ruffle finished on baby blanket below that I've been working on for the past couple of weeks. (I didn't want to do anything loud to wake him, sweet and loving wife that I am, so I had to--just had to--sit in a chair for an hour and a half and work on the ruffle.) This blanket is for no one in particular...yet...but I'll be all ready for the next friend who shares any baby news. Since the tent sale two weeks ago, I've been trying to slim down my yarn stash and make room for my new purchases. There is a lot of baby yarn in there. I'm predicting a few more baby blankets will be created in the near future.



The afghan is crocheted in Bernat Softee Baby (the pink) and Bernat Satin (the white). Both are sport-weight yarns. The basics for the pattern were gleaned from Lion Brand's website, but I turned the pattern on its side and made my own border.

The ruffle is a VERY simple border:
1. I crocheted a row of sc all the way around the perimeter of the blanket in the pink colour.
2. Then I switched over to white yarn and crocheted 4 hdc in each sc stitch. That's it! The ruffle just....appears. It's pretty neat.

But now on to my car project of the day. I've been puttering away at yellow hexagons. I think I've perfected the pattern I want to use for the larger project. Here's one.



Can you guess why? What, oh what, might this bee?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...