Sunday, February 5, 2012

Pinterest Make: Yarnwrapped Monogram

I am still in love with Pinterest.  It's the best of browsing the web and flipping through magazines, all in one (free!) spot.  Mostly, my Pinterest boards are full of dreams and somedays, but this weekend I used one of the ideas for a wedding shower gift.  The mission: give your letter a sweater.

One ball of yarn (Hello, Vanna!), a large wooden letter, and a glue gun is all you need for this project.

Wrap the tricky bits first.  (Thankfully, a J doesn't have too many tricky bits.)

Squeeze out a bit of glue, every so often (on the backside) and keep wrapping tightly.
Finished letters look good on bookshelves!  Hopefully the soon-to-be Mrs., Mrs., Mrs., Mrs. Jones....Mrs. Jones will find a good place for it in her new home. :)


There you have it!  In 15 minutes or less, you could have one, too.

3 comments:

  1. This is very cool, Lyndsay- I may have to try it for one of my kid's rooms. Very thoughtful of you to demonstrate with a "J" as it gives me an exact template for what Jonah's should look like :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be super cute, Suzanne!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is cute! I like J, heehee, maybe will try an E for Elijah's room!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...